Pinda Sweda (Poultice)
Pinda sweda is a unique therapy where a poultice of herbs is used for fomentation. This improves circulation and helps relieve pain, swelling and stiffness. Different variants of Pinda sweda are used depending on the materials including Patra (fresh herb leaves), Churna (herbal powder), Jambeera (Lemon), Shashtika shali (red rice) etc. Pinda sweda also strengthens the bones and muscles.
Pinda sweda consists of applying a bolus of herbs during a massage. This helps relieve musculoskeletal dysfunction and pain, strengthens immunity, and increases blood circulation. Patra means medicinal leaves, and potli means bolus sweda-fomentation.
Benefits of Pinda Swedana:
- Strengthens the back and spine
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces stiffness and inflammation
- Increases the circulation and thus improves the functioning of the joints
- Arthritis, Paralysis
- Body pain and numbness
- Degenerative diseases
- Neuro-muscular diseases
- Chronic Back pain.
- Lumbar & Cervical spondylosis.
- Muscular and soft tissue pain.
- Sprains, cramps etc.