Abhyangha – Oil Massage
Abhyanga is a rhythmic massage with herbal oils that rejuvenates the system. The herbal oils are chosen specific to the person’s body type. Abhyanga softens and strengthens the skin and provides deep nourishment to the dhatu (tissues). It increases circulation and strengthens the bones and muscles. It pacifies the dosha and makes the body resilient.
Benefits of Abhyanga (Ayurveda Massage)
- Calms nerves and promotes deeper and better sleep
- Eliminates body impurities and helps in reducing weight
- Softens and smoothes skin, reduces effects of ageing
- Improves blood circulation and stimulates internal organs
- Relaxes the tense muscles and loosens the stiff joints
- Improves complexion of the skin
- Detoxifies the body
Abhyanga is usually done with medicated sesame oil. In Sanskrit, the word for oil is “taila”. Taila is originated from the formal word tila, which means sesame. The primary aim of Ayurvedic massage is to achieve the balance of energies inside the body, and also to act as a Purvakarma (preparation) in Panchakarma.
60 Minutes $99
Please call us today at 289-621-3050 to book a consultation with an Ayurvedic specialist today!