Udvartana – Dry Herbal Powder Massage
Udvartana is an Ayurvedic process of invigorating the whole body, through a herbal powder massage. It includes scrubbing of the whole body using an ubtan (paste) made out of the mixture of the different herbs and grains. It is typically performed in conditions of obesity and cellulite beneath the skin.
It helps in reduction of excess fat and cellulite conditions by scrubbing and massaging the body in upward strokes, producing friction, which scrapes and liquefies the fat. Herb molecules are absorbed into the body through the skin pores and remove the sluggish lymphatic toxins. This technique not only detoxifies but also improves the blood circulation and establishes a rejuvenation effect in the body.
The whole body is invigorated by scrubbing with the paste (ubtan) prepared of dry herbal powder in an upward direction stroke in a particular manner for 45 minutes. This procedure contains certain strokes which help in the liquefaction of fat, thereby giving proper shape to the muscle tissue.
- Reduces excess fat in the body.
- Improves the skin complexion.
- Eliminates bad odour due to excess sweating or other reasons.
- Corrects the imbalance of doshas.
- Vitalizes and rejuvenates the body.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Varicose veins
- Oily skin, lack of complexion and blemishes.
- Neurological disorders like parkinson’s disease, muscular dystrophy.