Lepana – Application of Herbal Paste
Lepana is a special Ayurvedic treatment wherein medicated powders are applied in a herbal paste over various parts of the body, for therapeutic benefit. Pastes are mixed with different liquids such as water, milk, honey or fruit juices, depending on the specific need or concern.
The affected body portion of the Lepana should be cleaned. The herbal powders are mixed with simple liquids. The paste is then applied on the affected body part, and kept for 20-30 minutes, until dried. This treatment is generally repeated for maximum effectiveness.
- For general beauty and rejuvenation of the skin
- Discolorations of the skin, hyperpigmentation
- Skin diseases and disorders
- To reduce pain, burning, swelling or itch of the specific area
- Liver / Spleen enlargement
- Muscle wasting